Tuesday 24 April 2018

Prince George’s Hospital Sued For Doctor With Fake License

Over a hundred patients are part of a lawsuit against a Maryland hospital after it was discovered that an obstetrician-gynecologist used a fake Social Security number to obtain his medical license.  

A national investigation found the man, called Dr. Charles Akoda, had been using stolen Social Security numbers to advance his healthcare career and acquire professional certificates for more than two decades, according to the . He was Oluwafemi Charles Igberase plus also he had been caring for years at Prince George’s Hospital Center for infants and women.

“I am spoiled for life. I do not want any kids at all. And I do not expect any man physician at all anymore,” Jazmine Tinsley advised .

“Within my delivery, I thought I was losing my life,” she explained of her pregnancy five decades ago. “Thus, the fact that I am only finding out this man was a fake at the close of the afternoon is actually hurting me since everything that I went with my delivery, and then when it came into my health, has still damaged me still to this day”

According to U.S. Attorney’s Office, Igberase pleaded guilty last November to misusing a Social Security number to fraudulently acquire a Maryland medical permit. He entered the United States in October 1991 and repeatedly used phony Social Security numbers. Back in 2000, he was blown off by a residency program in New Jersey after he was discovered with a Social Security number.

However he obtained a medical license in Maryland, also reappeared again since Charles John Nosa Akoda in 2011.

The lawsuit asserts that the hospital allowed the impostor to practice medicine at the centre for five decades and failed to execute a background check.

“Maybe they should have checked his Social Security number. They would have learned that he’s a fraud,” lawyer Jonathon Schochor explained. “We are suing them since they had an absolute responsibility to complete a thorough, appropriate background check on this doctor, with this particular OB-GYN, to make sure that he was not a fraud”

Prince George’s Hospital Center said that they had no motive to question Akoda since his license was in good position.

“We’re disappointed that our anticipation of integrity was not met in the case of Dr. Akoda given his complicated sophisticated identity theft strategy,” the hospital said.



source http://www.chesterfitness.co.uk/prince-georges-hospital-sued-for-doctor-with-fake-license/

No comments:

Post a Comment